From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 May 2015 15:03:55 -0600
I guess the posative thing here, is that they did wait, mostly and allowed
the frequency to be used by others.
There are hundreds of thousands of hams out there, and there is no way that
they are all going to magically know that a group claims a frequency for
their own.  Often times I will dial around the band looking for a quiet
frequency to meet someone on.  Then a txt or quick phone call sets up the
sched...I am generally unaware of any normal daily activity on that
particular frequency...if I am aware of something that goes on regularly,
I'll steer clear of that frequency.
I do understand how some people begin to believe they have some claim to a
frequency because they are operating on it, with their friends for years and
years on end every single day, usually multiple times a day.  It would be
like going for coffee, at the same place every day for 10 years, and always
sitting at the same table, then one day, someone takes that table, at that
time...you don't own that table, but it becomes part of your daily routine.
Most people who have a strong daily routine, such that they operate on a
specific frequency with specific people everyday, are more likely to get
their nose out of joint when someone unfamiliar to them interferes with that
life routine.  Because it's a life routine and not just a recreational
routine when it's been done for so long, then it becomes personal instead of
a matter of common curtesy as it should.

73
Colin, V A6BKX