VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2017 16:47:54 -0400
Hi all,

Running windows 10, on a desktop computer, and jaws 18.0.2740.

I found out how to uninstall any app you want on Windows 10, but here's
the problem.

I cannot find the uninstall button.

I want to uninstall maps, because I will never, use them. I also want to
uninstall messaging, because I will never use it. It's not like the old
msn messenger where you could make free phone calls, now those days when
I could do that, were awesome!

Anyway, here's how to uninstall apps, if you don't see them in the list
in programs and features list.

if you're new to Windows 10, you may not know how to remove every app.
The old-school Programs and Features and control panel menu that Windows
7 and XP users are used to still exists, but won't actually delete newer
kinds of apps.
Whether it is a desktop program, a Windows 8-style Modern app or a
new-fangled Universal app, there's one simple way to remove it. Here's
how to uninstall any program in Windows 10, even if you don't know what
kind of app it is.
1.    Open the Start menu.
2.    Click Settings.
3.    Click System on the Settings menu.
4.    In the text box type
5.    apps
6.    and apps and features will pop up.
7.    click on Apps & features.
8.    Tab down 4 times to the list of all installed apps.
9.    Down arrow to select an app you wish to uninstall.
10.    Click the Uninstall button that appears. If it is grayed out,
this is a system app you cannot remove.
11.    Click the uninstall popup button to confirm that you want to
uninstall the app.

Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]