VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
George Gray <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
George Gray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Apr 2016 21:03:50 -0400
Hola!

I am thinking about having Del build me a Win10 machine this June when
I am in the States and I want to split the JAWS sound away from the
WinAmp sound.  Meaning that I want to utilize a speaker solely
dedicated to the JAWS voice and have other completely different
speakers (via an amplifier) voice the WinAmp sounds; music, etc.

I am trying to get away from hearing JAWS mumble in the background
while listening to music, or having to pause the music completely, in
order, to determine what is being said by JAWS.  I entertain quite a
bit and find either option to be rather inconvenient.

Years ago I had a machine built that had a sound chip in it's mother
board and I also had a separate sound card.  JAWS voicing through the
mother board chip and WinAmp using the separate sound card.  Is this
what I should request from Del?  Or, is there some other arrangement
that I should be asking for, such as the below ideas:

A.  In conversing with a friend about this they mentioned a dual
channel sound card, which I am not familiar with at all.  Any
comments?

B.  I have done some reading about digital to Analog Converters (DAC).
Should I be thinking about a separate DAC to push the WinAmp through?
And, will a separate DAC act as a sound card, or does one hook up the
DAC in line with a sound card?

Thank you

--
HAVE A MAGNIFICENT DAY

GEORGE BURRELL GRAY

ZONA COLONIAL, SANTO DOMINGO, REPUBLICA DOMINICANA

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]