VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 30 May 2015 12:01:07 -0700
Hi All,

I'm trying to change junk settings in Yahoo Mail, but I'm not finding
anything like a Settings link or button on either the main page or the
mobile page, and I'm not able to send my Spam to the inbox by using the
buttons I do find for such things. any suggestions?

I receive all the email for discussion lists at this SBC Global address.
some of it comes to Thunderbird, but a lot of it never makes it,
especially the email for a group I own. At one point, I remember that
happening to the email for this group. I was able to go into Yahoo mail,
which owns SBC Global, and I found settings that would mark all junk
email as Bulk, then send it to my inbox anyway. I decided to try doing
that again today, but I'm not finding settings, and the instructions
I've found on the web are all a few years old. What I did find on the
Yahoo page is a link for going into other folders, including Spam. I
have over eleven hundred items in Spam. At the bottom of the Spam page
is a set of buttons, like Move and Delete. along with a dropdown for
More actions. One of the buttons is Not Spam, but when I press enter
there, either nothing happens or I get an error message telling me to
first select an item. The dropdown includes a Select All option, so I
tried pressing enter on Select All, then on Not Spam, but nothing
happens or I get the same error message. On the mobile site, the
messages in the Spam folder don't have any type of checkbox. On the main
site, they do have checkboxes, but the screen reader seems to get stuck
in the list of messages, not moving to the buttons unless I do some
pressing of the F6 key and random tabbing.

I have Windows 8.1. So far, I've tried with Firefox, using Jaws 15 and
the current NVDA. I'll try the other browsers when I'm feeling more Zen.

I thought I'd ask here in case others use Yahoo Mail. the URLs are

Mobile Site
m.yahoo.com/mail

Main Site
www.yahoo.com/mail