From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Nov 2015 19:38:11 -0330
I worked a TT Eagle the other night and it sounded very nice. Except for
the uncertainty of TT and Alpha, I'd consider 1 as a backup/FD/Mobile.
There's no reason why a laptop can't be connected for basic S-9/freq and
mode announcement. If your careful, you can navigate the duel functions of
the buttons. Not sure if I'd say Elecraft all the way considering a nicely
equipped K-3S costs about 4Gs canadian and the KX-3 well equipped is
probably over 3.
As for the kenwoods, hats off for accessibility but maybe smart phone app
developers need to get off their collective butts and start writing for
these rigs. Soon or later, every new transceiver will have a touch screen
and us blind folks will be running our 590s etc to the ground.
Some folks laugh at my FT-102 but its a pretty simple rig to maintain,
there are locals that have a clew about digging into tubes etc but they
wouldn't tackle an FT-2000 or other high end class rig of that sort because
of its components and they'd have to send it off to Yaesu. Of course I send
my 102 to NC4L in FLA, well my radio only went once, but its the same
thing. LOL
On a final note, I spoke to Mikail at microbit in Sweden and I'm going to
be given an IP to test the android apps and see how they work.

73:
Mike DE VO1AX

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com