From:
"Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 2015 13:30:38 -0700
Hello all,  my good friend Stan, KH6CG, has just taken down the last antenna
at his QTH in Hawaii.  He will be moving to Molino, FL, on August 3.  He
expects to be back on the air from his new location on August 5.  The first
of 12 towers will go up with a SteppIr DB18E.  The tower is an 85 foot
motorized crankup tower mounted on a twin axle trailer.  The unit was custom
built by US Towers and is quite the piece of hardware.  He just has to mount
the DB18E on the tower's mast, turn on the onboard generator, and raise up
the tower to the full height of 85 feet.  By November he expects to have the
first 5 towers up and running, including the first of 3 rotating 200 foot
towers..  I will post further details as the project proceeds.  By November
I should also be able to operate the station via remote.  It should be lots
of fun.

Alan - N7MIT