Date:
Tue, 9 Jun 2015 14:48:57 -0400
Yes, I've given up on Adobe's Flash player.  It is unreliable, fraught with security exploits, and now unnecessary to watch Youtube videos as long as you enable HTML5 in Internet Explorer.   I don't know if you can do this in earlier versions of IE, but it certainly works in IE 11.

I'll describe some other potential workarounds below.

To enable the HTML5 player in youtube:
1.  Open https://www.youtube.com/html5
Click on the "request HTML5 player" button.

Most, but not all videos, will play with html5 on Youtube.
If you run across the odd one that doesn't, then you can put Youtube into compatibility mode which disables the html5 player.  But, then, you'll have to do a lot more troubleshooting into why your flash player doesn't play the videos.

Here's some brief things to consider:

1.  Revert Flash to a previous version.  Adobe is aware of issues with some of the latest releases, but they shoould be addpressing this if they haven't already with Version 17.  But, if you just started having the problem, reverting might be an option if you accept the security risks.

See Adobe's page on installing an earlier version of Flash
http://forums.adobe.com/message/4487439

You can see which version of Slash you are using at
http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

After you install your version, you  can download an older version at the flash archive page.

Second, make sure you have Enhanced Protected Mode turned off in IE Options.  It is in the Advanced area, near the bottom, on mine if you scroll up from the bottom there are 24 items and it is 11.

I have Flash disabled on my IE11 browser, I don't have the freezing issues I did with Flash.  If I absolutely have to go to a page that needs Flash, I use Firefox which I use as an alternate browser with the flash plug-in.

Steve, K8SP