From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 May 2015 03:37:20 -0400
Be careful about this. Itisn't a reverse SMA. RP-SMA is a whole different thing. A reverse SMA has both threads outside and a pin in the center. The Baofeng, plus many other Chinese handhelds in common use, are commercial standard, meaning they have a male SMA on the transceiver, which means the antenna must use a female SMA to connect. That is backwards from Amateur standard, which uses a female SMA on the radio and a male SMA on the radio. Although that's opposite, it isn't reverse.

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: 814-860-3194