From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 May 2015 21:23:43 -0400
I have base and portable scanners around here. It seems like had I started
out with a portable instead of a base one, I probably would have not bought
another one that was portable, I'd have been happy with just the portable.
Performance is the same, I like that when something interesting happens I
can take the portable with me, if the power goes out having the batteries in
it and ready usually gets me switched over fast enough that I find out what
caused the power to go out. Just a thought, I don't think there was much
price difference when I got mine, they're old though and I haven't looked at
prices in a very long time.