VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Jim Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Feb 2016 13:09:45 -0500
To avoid wrist problems caused by using the thumb, and other numpad keys,
when moving/reading paragraph to paragraph/sentence to sentence/etc., I have
my Keyboard Manager settings changed in the following way:

For example:

-	Say prior sentence = left-ctrl + numpad end, Say current sentence =
left-ctrl + numpad down-arrow, and Say next sentence = left-ctrl + numpad
page-down,

-	Say prior paragraph = left-ctrl + numpad home, Say current paragraph
= left-ctrl + numpad up-arrow, and Say next paragraph = left-ctrl + numpad
page-up,

	and

-	Say prior column = left-ctrl + numpad /, Say current paragraph =
left-ctrl + numpad *, and Say next paragraph = left-ctrl + numpad -.

The objective is to set keystrokes that use both hands as much as possible.
Hope this helps.

Jim H