Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 2015 15:47:53 -0500
7bit
From:
Martin, you stated in your post:

For folks who are blind, the best way to convey a circuit is to describe it
in text.

With that statement in mind, I don't know how many of you knew Bob
Gunderson, W2JIO, but many years ago he produced a monthly publication
called the Braille Technical Press in which there were several circuits
described in text each month. Bob was one of the most brilliant people I
have ever known, and he was a tremendous loss when he died, very much in the
league of Tim Crammer.

It has become extremely difficult for us blind guys to homebrew our own gear
anymore, like we used to do. For that matter, it is extremely difficult for
anyone to homebrew their gear. Parts are not nearly as available as they
used to be, but the parts are so tiny. In Millitronics, we are working with
chips, for example, that are less than 10 mm long with as many as 64 pins
coming out of the bottom, and the pins are only 1/2 mm long which is only
about 0.0196 inches! Now, that is tiny!

Ron, K8HSY