From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jun 2015 13:10:32 -0400
Steve:

This is kind of convoluted, but what I do if I want to test out a CW
exchange is I keep the rig in CW mode, and then go slightly out of band
where the rig will not transmit.

My experience is that the CW exchange will be activated via the appropriate
function  key you have set up, and then escape should get you out of it.

Your  timing on  all of this is interesting.

It looks like I should have a working antenna up out at the RV by this
week-end.  This should allow me to participate in Field day. ...  As a
result, I have installed the latest N3FJP Field Day logging software onto my
Windows 7 work laptop, which I take out there for e-mail and internet
access.  I need to test things out more tonight, so I'll try the escape key
as I have described and make sure it works as I suggest.

Of course, I'm interested in what you continue to find as well.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ