From:
Date:
Thu, 4 Jun 2015 10:27:07 -0500
Scott, I have experimented with several different antennas for the Baofeng
handheld, and you will not get as good of performance out of any of the
little stubby, rubber ducky type antennas as you will from a little longer
antenna. The stubby, rubber ducky type antennas are just slightly better
than a dummy load. A fairly short antenna that will give you significantly
better results than the stubby rubber duck is the SainSonic INF-641 which is
about 8 or 9 inches long. It is a dual band antenna that is rated for a
little over 2 DBI gain.

Ron, K8HSY