Date:
Wed, 27 May 2015 13:15:55 -0400
Ok, Al,

If you want, gimme a call if this doesn't give you enough info.  I don't know which email client you are using, so I'll just give you the basic info you need for Gmail.

If you are setting it up on an iPhone, all you need to do is enter your gmail address and password under the mail application that you get to in settings.

Here is the google settings for a pop account:

Under server, pop.gmail.com smtp.gmail.com
Check the box for password authentication.

Under the advanced server settings, incoming server port is 995, secure authentication checkbox is checked; outgling mail 465 again security authentication is checked.

If you want to use pop, you need to enable that in your gmail account settings on the gmail website.  You need to use the standard view, not the basic settings on their website.

  1.. Sign in to Gmail.
  2.. Click the gear in the top right .
  3.. Select Settings.
  4.. Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
  5.. Select Enable IMAP.
a..

If you want Imap, then the incoming mail port is 993, and the server is imap.gmail.com; the outgoing smtp is still the same, although you can use either port 465 or 587.

Steve, K8SP