From:
Eric Oyen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 May 2015 23:44:47 -0700
here is a method I used at one of my former abodes.

I took a number of 10 foot long lengths of 3/4 copper pipe. I crimped one end of one pipe so that it formed a narrow nozzle. I then hooked up a water line to the other end. Placed it vertically and turned on the water. Once I got it down to about 1 foot from the ground, I disconnected the water, soldered on a sleeve and the next length of pipe. Repeated process until I was out of pipe or couldn't go any further (which was about 100 feet in that part of phoenix. I then soldered and clamped a 00 gauge braided copper strap to the pipe, painted it with a sealant and connected the other end into my shack. Never had a ground problem with that setup. Incidentally, I did this back in 1982 when copper prices were fairly low. Water under pressure makes a fantastic drill.

-eric (n7zzt)