From:
Ron Canazzi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 9 May 2015 21:28:08 -0400
Hi Mike,

I surely remember that group.   Their alternative net control was a guy
named Gene Mezger, KE2LO from Hamburg New York--now a silent key.  In
person, he was a mild mannered guy--the kind of guy you wouldn't mind
having coffee with--as I did on occasion when he was a board member of
the South Towns Amateur Radio Society of Hamburg New York.  You wouldn't
think he would believe the stuff he believed and talk the way he did on
3950 80 Meters.

I remember one guy who used to jam that net.  He went by the acronym
'The Nazi Pig Farmer.'  His call (as I recall) was NA0T.  That call has
been reissued, so it's not listed to the same guy now.  I think he was
one of Riley Hollingworth's victims in the late 90's.  He used to live
in a town in Illinois--Divernia (spelling) I believe. He used to run
serious power and jam the Liberty net--claiming that they were 'Kosher
Conservatives' (a term he got from cripto Nazi talk show host Tom
Valentine--who used to refer to Limbaugh as such--indicating his anti
Semitic claim that such were tools of 'the Jews') and play music and
scream epithets at the Liberty Net folks.

That's what I recall of the 3950 group.

On 5/9/2015 8:26 PM, Mike Duke, K5XU wrote:
> They met for years on 3950.
>
> I forget the call of their ring leader, K1 something or other, I think.
> Anyway, he too had a signal that would make a "California Kilowatt"
> operator envious.
>
> Their main business was to read propaganda material that was against
> whatever person happened to be president of the United States at the
> time you happened to be listening to them.
>
> Later, they would re-transmit Rush Limbaugh, and others of his type.
>
> Eventually, Riley Hollingsworth suggested that they explain to him how
> their net served the purposes of amateur radio.
>
> I think they are now a shadow of their former self importance.

---