Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 2015 16:42:26 -0700
Hi Colin,

   Well, looks like you've gone and bugged me anyway! Actually, I
absolutely don't mind the questions and in fact, am always amazed how
folks will exchange multiple messages speculating while the answer is
either already on the web site or just a quick message or call to me
will hopefully provide an answer.  I'm hesitant to jump into discussions
because I don't like the idea of self promoting but this whole thing has
pretty much taken over my life anyway so no problem, so please just ask.
But to your question, the HamPod has two serial ports so you can connect
it to two independent devices and switch between them using a key on the
keypad. The burden on me is that I need to build a firmware load that
supports those devices on that particular HamPod. So yes, you can have
different combinations of equipment such as a radio and a rotor, or a
radio anda meter, or a rotor and a meter and so on. You can also have a
radio on each port such as a K3 and a KX3, or a K3 and a Kenwood, and
soon I'll hopefully finish support for ICOM rigs too. Plus I've also
added support for other kinds of equipment as well. And just to
eliminate another possible point of confusion, the SteppIReader which is
for adding speech to a SteppIR antenna controller, is a different
product that is dedicated to that function and is essentially a modified
HamPod which is installed within the SteppIR controller box itself. And
if I can ever get some of these projects completed, I can finally get
back to working on the elusive talking SWR/watt meter project!
   Hope that clears things up a bit. So thanks for the question.

Rob  K6DQ
http://www.HamPod.com