From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 2015 14:23:03 -0400

I heard from the local owner. He agreed to forward my question up the ladder to be sure it's nationwide protocol. But this was his reply. Lin

Dear Ms. Goldkrantz,

My name is Scott Sachetti and I am the Managing Partner at the Outback in Marlton.  I just read your email and wanted to get back to you as soon as possible.  First off, I am sorry for the confusion.  To clarify, the cooking style has nothing to do with the celiac allergens.  They are  merely two different ways you can have your meals prepared.  Once you choose your style of cooking, we make the necessary adjustments to the protein’s to accommodate the guests.  Once the allergen has been identified, the expo manger is immediately made aware, our outbackers thoroughly clean the area the proteins are being cooked, change their gloves prior to touching the protein and immediately use new utensils to handle the proteins.  The allergen is clearly marked on the ticket so that everyone is involved in ensuring that the processes are followed to the “T”.
Neither of our steak seasoning present a problem with gluten allergies.
I hope this clears up any questions you may have.  I am always available to answer any allergy related questions for you and you can feel free to reach out to me anytime you need to.
Regards,

Scott N. Sachetti
Managing Partner
Outback Steakhouse