From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 2015 22:15:20 -0600
Alan,

I heard you tonight, Thursday, at about 9:30 Mountain Time on 7147 and you
were 30 over S9 on my G5RV.  By the time I tried my 40 meter rotating
dipole, the band changed and signals were down but you were the loudest I've
ever heard you here in Denver.  The guy that was talking on the frequency
was WA4D and his name is Mike.  He used to be called Dog on 75 meters, as in
W A 4 Dog, and he is notorious for talking on top of other rag chews and
blaming them.  I heard him once say tonight something about having emergency
traffic but that's his way of trying to get people to stop and listen to
him.  When they stop to listen, then he changes his technique by saying it
is possible someone could have emergency traffic.  He's a character.  I
remember when he first got that call sign when I lived in western Colorado
and was going by the handle of Dog.  He never gives up.  Anyhow, I don't
know which amp you were using tonight but few signals ever get to 30 over 9
on this radio unless they are local.

Phil.
K0NX