From:
Dave Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 2015 19:55:46 +1300
Hi Phil!

I'd configure that new machine so that you could run windows as well as OSX
on it. That way, when you *really *need windows, you would not be depriving
yourself because after all, some things still  don't offer Mac versions.

As for windows accessibility, you can use NVDA, though I'd advise budgeting
a few dollars for decent speech, because tolerable speech is available for
that. Some may manage OK with adjusting Espeak to suit, but I couldn't find
a satisfactory combination to match my ears. Then again, I think there is a
CW screen reader, isn't there?

The NBP book is good. Bought it recently for the XYL, and she is pleased
with it. I just don't think I'm ready to develop carple tunnel just yet,
which goes through my mind each time I review the multiple sets of 4 and 5
finger commands needed to do everything under the sun.

Now before we forget, you may be wondering what do do with your orphin when
you jump ship. You could turn it into a linux box and use it to run an IRLP
node.

Nice to see you again.

73,
Dave WD8LDY/ZL4LDY