From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jun 2015 11:22:04 -0400
I can only speak for myself.  I don't think I "came down hard" on this
subject.  If it came across that way it wasn't my intention.

I did offer the suggestion that if he had almost $500 to spend on this
thing new, he could buy a used ham rig that would serve him much better.
   He would also have a better chance of getting accessible
documentation for a ham rig. There would also  be   more likelihood  of
getting questions answered on this list,  not due to anti CB bias, but
just that more of us have   experience with ham gear than  with CB stuff.

If someone is giving it to him and it's the best he can do, it's the
best he can do.  Life goes on.

73, Steve KW3A