From:
Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 2015 09:07:45 -0500
Matt, most of us here have accidentally gotten into the wrong part of the
band at some point in our ham careers. Frankly, you are not nearly as likely
to get caught now as we were years ago because the FCC simply don't watch
over the ham bands like they used to and there are not nearly as many
volunteer observers like there used to be. I got cited once when I was a
Novice back in 1957 for transmitting entirely out of the band. I thought I
was tuning up on 40, and I really ended up on the second harmonic outside
the band.

Ron, K8HSY