From:
Pat Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 2015 18:48:40 -0500
I'm not quite sure where you are going Mike.  I think we are feeling
and understanding the same thing, however.  The maximum output,
highest tone on the TW1 should occur with the plate tuning set to the
dip in the plate tuning.  Assuming that the transceiver final is
properly neutralized and that there are no failed or failing
components in the final circuit.  Increasing the loading should raise
the amount of current at the plate meter dip, and again and hopefully
always result in the maximum pitch in the meter.  I'm wondering if
with the several hundred watts PEP of the FT102 you should have an
attenuator between it and the linear.  Then you could properly tune
and load the exciter and not overdrive the linear amp.
I read the information at the end of the link you sent and I wound up
confused!!  Not uncommon, however.
Are we thinking the4 same way?
Good luck.