From:
howard kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 2015 05:56:15 -0500
On the first two questions Yes.
You are talking about switching sidebands, rather than actually using the
sideband filters as I thought.
Active elements and I can work this thing have all the information you will
probably ever want or need about this great radio.
If you are going to run CW, invest in one of the optional CW filters.
It will transform this radio on CW.
I put the 270 HZ filter in mine.
Their may be reasons to choose the 500 HZ one instead, but I don't know what
they are.
When you switch sidebands, the interference will switch sidebands to.
With the filter width going down to 50 HZ, their isn't much you can't filter
out.
In the menus there are settings to switch to CW when you tap the key, and to
adjust the offset so you are listening on the same exact frequency.
Very handy.