From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Mar 2015 07:56:56 -0400
No, outpost is for the mailboxes, message boards and what not. It has a nice
terminal window you can access as well to do keyboard to keyboard chat. It
won't do APRS though. I don't know of a speech friendly APRS program though
UIView can be set to read in voice the callsigns it sees so if you want to
catch a person on the air when he gets out of work for example and you know
he has APRS, you can listen for his callsign to come up then call him where
you know he often gets on, be it the local repeater or what ever and I have
done that before but you can't use speech to tell where the person is or
anything. I believe the maps it shows are all graphical.