From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Mar 2015 10:44:06 -0700
Hi Eric, sounds like a good deal.  I think I paid at least $300
or more for mine when it was new.  I didn't buy the rechargeable
pack, just use Alkaline  batteries.  Regarding the cracked case,
no it wasn't the back that slides off, it was actually the side
of the case by the battery contacts that cracked.  I would
actually have to squeeze the case for the radio to work, not a
very pleasant way to operate the radio but I guess it would
conserve battery life over time.  I don't really have any further
information but would be interested in your observations of the
rig.  I did use mine last summer when we went to Nevada to listen
to 40 meters and I heard Chris AI6U from Carson City running the
swap net.  It's a far cry from the receiver in the TS590 but I'm
glad I have that little rig.  73, Jim WA6EKS