ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 2 Nov 2003 22:41:55 -0600
Mat,

Judging, that is throwing stones from a glass house as they say is not
good. Jesus told us that we ought not try to remove the piece from our
brother's eye when we haven't first removed the beam from ours. We ought
not judge people, although yes we do at times. However, some of the words
in scripture that are translated judge, tell us to do just that, but the
word is meant to discern and hold others accountable as well. It is just as
sinful to watch a brother stray and not help him out with honest and loving
helps. Their is a fine line there which I believe requires prompting from
the  Holy Spirit whether we are to act or not. And yes we do tend to judge
others within our own household walls for discernment of whether we would
accept a situation in our own family and etc. Fortunately God's word tells
us how we ought act and be, and it is the conviction , not condemnation, of
that scripture that keeps us straight. It is best to match our lives up to
the word and not the others, even fellow Christians, as we then will always
be pointed on the right path.

Brad