ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 07:48:45 -0600
Hi Brad,
I am sorry that your wife and you are having these dificulties but
weathering it together instead of parting or turning away from each other is
best I think.
Terri went through a dificult period after Katherine was born and we had no
idea what it was even though we had heard of Post pardom depression and all
that.
For my part, I got angrey because I couldn't understand how Terri could be
so upset when we had just turned our whole life up-side-down to make her
happy, by having the baby, and moving to the town she wanted to live in and
building the new house.  I did not like having to live with her family for a
time while we were between homes and on and on like that.
She still has some issues from this depression but things are improving and
she is understanding what happened more so.
Understand, I am not saying that I did not want the baby.
It was something we both wanted very much and we had to work at it for 3
years before we were able to achieve it.  Then we spent the whole pregnancy
worreying as the first pregnancy had ended in miscarage.
I viewed us as being on top of the world once we got in the new house with
the new baby but there were issues from our past which we had to deal with
yet.  Terri had grudges over past wrongs in our relationship which she had
not let go of and I had thought them settled.
Anyway, it was a huge mess and we are better now but still not perfect.
I have been reading all kinds of stuff in the bible these last few days on
the bible gateway sight.
I find it all very interesting.
Onan, and Tamar and Ruth and nayomy and I don't know what all I have read.
I have hopped around a lot, following my thoughts and the trails from
different stories which link together.
I first thought Ruth was a lesbian when I started that book, mainly because
I saw a movie once where they used words from the book of Ruth to profess
devotion between two lesbians.
I looked it up because I thought Jimmy Evans was crazy for not using the
same passages when talking about marage.
I see now that it wasn't really about marage at all but a wittoed woman
still wanting to be part of her husband's family?
I am tracing through stories concerning Tamar now because Paul V, made me
wonder about that person in the bible.
Terri jokes that I will already have the bible all read before I receive the
talking one.  hahah
I just love how easy it seemed for the people of the bible to get pregnant.
Go lay with so and so and give her a child and he did and the child's name
was...
Don't know how many times I have read stuff like that.

Take care,

Matt