ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rhonda Partain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 2016 11:12:02 -0400
I've been married for almost 32 years. During this time I've been hurt by
the very one who pledged forever. Some of the hurt was really deep. How I
know I've forgiven is that I can remember the situation I forgave and I no
longer hold that against him. I can feel sad it happened, but I have given
up my right to make another pay for how they have treated me. Forgiveness
doesn't mean their actions or words were ok, that somehow the bad treatment
was deserved. It just means I give up what I see as my right to make another
pay for how they have hurt me. At first my forgiveness is only a choice,
that I make because God said forgive and you will be forgiven. Eventually my
emotions follow. 	Blessings!
Rhonda