From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Apr 2015 13:03:06 -0400
Tnx to all who chimed in on this.    I guess I was just curious if this
was just one of those things, or a  known issue either with this  amp or
the 3-500z tube.

Spoke to the tech this morning at Ameritron who told me   that a cap had
burned up and a few other  parts  on the board  were bad or suspicious
as a result, so the board was replaced.

I asked if there were any particular reason for the failure, and he said
he figured it was just  due to age and use.   Also said he and his
supervisor had gone over the amp and found no other faults, or anything
that could have  lead to the failure.     I think at Ameritron, a
supervisor is someone who has been there 6 months.   Just kidding, the
guy was very nice and seemed to know what he was talking about.  In
other words he knew a thousand times more than me.

73, Steve KW3A