From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jun 2015 12:05:03 -0700
The question is, why do you want a better ground.  If it is to protect you
from lightning, forget it, you would have to put in one heck of a ground
system to do that and even that is no guarantee.  If your station is
working as is with no rfi and so forth, just ewnjoy it.  i know all the
radio people say you should ground and I don't dispute that.  I just have
never really done much grounding at my station here at home.  I had my
tower grounded, actually, both of them, but they blew down, so I really
don't have any of my stuff grounded and all works fine.  A ground rod
won't hurt, well probably not.  Seems like when I decide to tie everything
here together as you're supposed to do, I get hum and ground loops and all
that.  If it works, just operate and have fun.  Don't get hung up in the
what is on paper part.
Just my two cents worth.
73
Butch