From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 May 2015 10:07:39 -0400
This is a good way to do it.  The hole and the water can  get you down a
couple of feet right from the start.   If you are going to use the
bronze acorn clamps  to  connect the wire to the rods, you  might want
to slip them on first and  hold them somewhere out of the way with some
tape.  If you really bugger up the top of the rod while hammering it in,
and it  really mushrooms out, you might not   be able to slip the clamp
onto the rod without   doing some filing or grinding.  Of course if you
are going to use a clamp that doesn't have to slip over the top of the
rod,just hammer away.

73, Steve  KW3A