From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 May 2015 14:49:42 -0700
Well, as far as the whole band, if you opened up the rig to transmit, it
would cover 28 to 30.  You could then just simply switch crystals in the
transverter to cover the other half of the two meter band.  I really don't
think this is pratical, depends on what you want, a radio for repeaters or
ssb.  It depends.  Also, I haven't shopped around, but the one I had for
my Yaesu only ran ten watts or so which isn't much if you want to do long
haul on ssb.  I'd really giver serious thought to the 2000 if you want an
all mode all band radio.  Not quite as good as the 590 in some respects,
590 I think has better receiver and better dsp, but the 2000 is a good
rig.  I kept mine primarily for 2m and 440 ssb.  It is also set up for
satellite tracking which I want to try some day.
73
Butch
WA0VJR
Node 3148