From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2015 23:21:48 -0700
Anybody remember the Sharp Talking Clock that came out years ago?  I still have mine but with a cell phone and the atomic talking clocks we have in the house, plus my atomic wrist watch, I've just found little purpose to use the old Sharp.  I got it out and changed the dead batteries and fiddled around with it and have it set to tell me the time on the half our and on the hour.  Plus, I'm using it as a timer when riding my stationary exercise bike.  I got to figuring about when I got mine and it turned out to be 34 years ago.  The thing is still working great.  That was around the time Mount Saint Helens blew.  That is related to an interesting ham story on 20 meters sideband I'll tell next.

Phil.
K0NX