From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2015 14:22:23 -0800
Ron, I just ran across that great recording of the last launch of
Shuttle Discovery.  Thanks again for that.  I tried to go check
that out but, 20 minutes prior to leaving Tampa for the Cape,
they had a glitch with the umbilical and the launch was scrubbed
for three months.  We couldn't stay with my wife's cousin that
long to wait for the launch, talk about wearing out your welcome!
Regarding scanners, I just sent Sheri Nolan from Whistler a
reminder of my interest in accessible scanners and she wrote back
that she had forwarded  my email to her engineer in the Boston
area who is currently in China.  She said he would respond to my
email.  I have also forwarded that email to a friend of mine,
also visually impaired and an inventor type who also lives in
that area in the hope that he can maybe work with the engineers
closely as they are in the same area.  Who knows, maybe we will
yet be able to experience an accessible scanner! Jim WA6EKS