From:
Dave Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 14 May 2015 09:00:30 +1200
Hi Jery!

The article Hai referenced does make it seem as easy as pie. However it
explains that AT&T don't run their own Email service. They've out-sourced it
to Yahoo, which would be a bit like saying Ford deciding that for the next
year or so, all steering wheels will be designed by Yugo.

No one in their right mind uses the local phone company's email service
since Yahoo was put in charge of it several years ago. True, sometimes
things go according to plan. When it does, all is well. When they don't,
you're up the perverbial. So given the experience, I would not rely on any
provider-based Email service. Get your own domain and take control of what
you still can. There may be restrictions there, too, but Yahoo has
demonstrated time and time again that they can't manage an open book test
with directions. If AT&T gives you some advantage of coverage or price,
that's all well and good, but an Email service would not be such an
advantage.

73,
Dave