From:
David W Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 2015 08:12:15 +0100
Hi Phil

Possibly it was my message that you were going to reply to?

The reason I used to make light level indicators from bog standard NPN
devices was that for a blind guy they were easier to solder than the tenth
inch pitch of chips.

I seem to recall that there was a circuit around in the 70's using a ne556?
Possibly published by Smith-Kettlewell Foundation.

73

David W Wood