From:
Ron Canazzi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 2015 19:34:02 -0400
Hi Group,

Kelly and others have discussed the old venerable HTX-202 Radio Shack
Handheld radio, so here is a quick reference guide.  I am pasting the
text of a file I created decades ago for the Radio Shack HTS-202
handheld radio below.

When you see the references for F followed by a dash and another key,
the F stands for the function key.
Unless otherwise stated, the F key should be held down first and the
second key that follows the dash should then be pressed.

HTX202 QUICK REFERENCE

1.  call channel: press A
2.  priority memory: press B
3.  standard memory: press C
4.  VFO: press D
5.  lower frequency or memory channel: press *
6.  higher frequency or memory channel: press #
7.  Scan VFO or memory bank: press and hold * or # key
8.  CTCSS or tone squelch on or off: press F-1
9.  auto-dial program mode: press F-2 hold until double beep
10.  off-set: press F-3 (order is 0 + -)
11.  beep on or of: press F-5
12.  reverse: press F-6
13.  menu: press F-8
14.  memory channel lock and unlock: press F-9( also called memory clear)
15.  illuminate screen: press F-back light
16.  enter frequency into VFO: press last digit to left of and first
three digits to right of decimal
17.  directly access memory channel: press memory bank key, press number
sequence to access channel
18.  enter frequency into memory: press D, enter frequency, set
parameters, press memory bank key,select memory channel, press D, press
F-C and hold until double beep, press PTT
19.  enter frequency into call channel: press D, enter frequency, set
parameters, press A, press F-C and hold until double beep, press PTT
20.  Auto-dial programming: press F-2 wait for double beep, press D,
press memory channel to be programmed (1-5), enter phone number and or
access code, press PTT
21.  Auto-dial speed change: press and hold PTT, press D, press 0
22.  set off-set: press F-8, set frequency with tuner, press PTT
23.  set CTCSS: press F-8, press *, use tuner to select frequency, press PTT
24.  Set tone squelch: press F-8, press * twice, use tuner to set
frequency, press PTT
25.  Set tuning step: press F-8, press * three times, use tuner to set
frequency, press PTT
26.  Set band scan limits: press F-8, press * 6 times, set lower
frequency limit, press * once, set upper frequency limit, press PTT
27.  Set priority function: press F-B, to turn function off press bank
key or call channel key or turn unit off and on.

--

Signature:
They ask me if I'm Happy, I say "yes."

---