From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2015 23:58:30 -0500
I think ARRL tolerates just about anything in the power field of the DX
contest Cabrillo log.  W3LPL advises to enter whatever you copy.  In the
past I put 000 for all the variants of a kilowat, but this year I tended to
follow what was sent.  The N's and T's are a different story; they are "cut
numbers".  A represents 1, U represents 2, E might represent 5, N is 9 and T
is 0.  So for logging, I convert those into numbers.  Some low-power
stations put leading 0's or T's in front of their 5 or 50, and some don't.
Because all church activities were canceled, I ended up operating for 20
hours and made 1,271 QSOs, with barely over a million points.  Spent more
time running stations this time, so I missed quite a few multipliers.  I had
one hour with 129 QSOs, and other fast runs.  It was a blast, interrupted by
some breaks for snow shoveling, meals, grocery shopping, sleep, etc.
Skip was rather short yesterday afternoon; I was hearing Iowa and Wisconsin
on 15 meters, which explains the high absorption you guys experienced on the
20-meter informal net.
73,

Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com