From:
Ron Canazzi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2015 23:55:09 -0500
Hi Gary,

Your point about copyrights was essentially true in most cases before
the era of deregulation, consolidation and the lobby machine.  Now that
is certainly no longer the case.  I remember as a little boy recording
the Buffalo Bills radio broadcast on my little consumer level reel to
reel recorder and then being told by another little boy that I was doing
something illegal.  I got scared and I called the Bills front office and
they virtually laughed at me saying that I was OK unless I tried selling
or charging admission for playing the tapes.

More recently, as someone who tried doing Karaoke in a public place, I
was approached from some clown from BMI or some such group inquiring if
I had purchased the tapes legally and if I had rights to them and if the
place (a private party but held in a more or less public place) had
rights for such activity.  Actually, I had recorded the tapes on my own
and with someone else not connected to any organization.  Seee how
things have changed.

> Hey Tom,
> I was under the impression that if no one makes a dollar on something, that
> there is no copyright infringement  It is just sharing.  Gary KB2YAA.

---