ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jan 2015 19:55:39 -0700
Hi Phil and Everyone,

As at least some of you know, my parents moved up to my sister Judy's home that was being renovated for their elderly needs.  That was around springtime last year.  My mom has had trouble with her heart at least in her latter years.  She's been going downhill.  Last Thursday I went to hang out with them and my oldest brother Dale.  She was able to come to the table for lunch, though I'm not sure if she ate anything.  She made a little noise that didn't sound good.

Then, the next morning, she began having bouts of hard breathing and coughing.  As I understand it, the only time she sat up was when she needed support and took her meds.  They brought a hospital bed with the help of hospice and they helped her settle in the living room.  Her body is shutting down, so maybe  a couple of days she'll have left here in this world.  I'll miss her of course, but I will not say goodbye, only "See you later, Mom."  She's suffered with fractures in her back and leg pain from spinal deterioration, so I will rejoice that she'll be without pain and young at heart and active again.

My dad takes oxygen, which mom is taking also, but he still gets around but with some dementia, so I suspect he'll be around for a while longer.  Mom turned 90 this past August, so she will go at a good old age, like The Bible would say.

I know that grief is normal, but some of us in my family have had axiety and depression issues, including myself, so please pray that we won't go down below the way the process should be.

Thanks for your support, and don't worry, I'm not spiraling out of control.  Jesus will keep me from falling into hopelessness. He made it clear to me personally one night some years back when my mind was churning and calmed down some.  It's good just to write about things.  I'll keep you posted as I remember to do so.

Love you all,

Sharon

Sent from my iPhone