From:
Dave Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 2015 15:35:01 +1200
Hi Phil!

I have that model, and it does have speech in terms of reading the menues.

I've got a little problem with mine at the moment so may be looking into a
warranty claim on it soon, but I know others have had good luck with the
model so I'm just a bit unlucky. I could send you the PDF manual for it if
you want. While it does have speech, there are limitations, for example, you
can't independently set the date and time yourself. Depending on your
purposes, that may not matter. So on a scale of 100, I'd probably rate it
about 95% accessible, because being able to set the time and date isn't a
necessity for me.

I'm conscious that you use hearing aids, so how much volume do you want to
get out of it? Again, that may not matter at all because you may not be
aiming to play much on it. It is a recorder, so that is it's primary
purpose. If you'd like, I could demo it. I could also share a recording I've
made on it if you want to get a sense of the quality of the internal mic.

No complaints about the Mice. Their service is top notch. No one here will
sell that recorder because it isn't distributed here, so I had to get it
from the Mice. Sorry if it sounds like I'm being picky. I just think the
lines between usable and accessible are too often plurred. Overall, I'm
quite happy with the recorder. In fact, I'm so pleased that I have another
in reserve, in case I should need to replace mine in a hurry, I don't really
have 3 to 4 weeks to wait for the poney express, nor can I afford to waste
extra cash on expedited postage service, because no matter what claim a
company may make, you can't hurry the process of customs, that always runs
at it's own speed. I've had things stuck at the border for a week or more,
not because there was any problem at either end of the process, but you know
sometimes, the line of things ahead of my package had to be worked through
before they made up their mind to process my poor little box, hi hi.

Happy to help in any way I can. By the way, I'm wd8ldy on Skype if you want
to send me a contact request.

73,
Dave