From:
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 2015 21:48:38 -0500
I do not personally own a hexbeam. However, I know several people who do,
and I have heard nothing but extremely positive comments about them in terms
of both their performance and their durability. One friend lives in
Faribault, Minnesota where they more than their share of harsh winter
weather, and he is delighted with how well his hexbeam holds up in their
winter weather. I have another friend in Carney, Nebraska where they get
incredibly high winds, and he says his hexbeam handles the wind better than
any of the other antennas he has put up. My friend in Faribault has one of
Leo's hexbeams, but I don't know what the other one is. Also, I am pretty
sure Pat Tice has a hexbeam, and maybe he can chime in here and share his
experience with his hexbeam.

Oh, for the record, I don't think one here considers the hexbeam as a cheap
antenna. Of course, I guess it depends on your point of reference, but for
just plain ordinary folk like most of us, they aren't considered cheap!
<Smile>

Ron, K8HSY