From:
Dave Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 2015 10:39:14 +1200
Hi Howard3!

Haven't had that particular problem, but Firefox will give you other grief
points, that are annoying. You can configure it so that you get a sound
notification  when a download is completed, but I don't think you can get
the reassurance of a speaking progress bar with it.

Luckily, I kissed the interloper good-bye when I upgraded to IE 11 from 9,
which solved the issues I was having.

I know IE is slated for retirement with Windows ten, but enough other things
will change with that so that I shouldn't need to rely on hearing progress
announcements anyway so that I won't mind when IE gets the gold watch. Hi

73,
Dave