From:
Fred Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 2015 06:34:11 -0400
Well, last week I asked for any info that you have on the windom antenna.
I had a windom antenna that I have had for a long time and decided it to
put it up and I did.  I tried it for several days but the standing wave was
off the scale and I couldn't bring it down.  I finally decided to replace
it with my old faithful bazooka antenna for 75 meters and it works great.
I also tried tuning the bazooka on 40 meters with my LDG AT 1000 tuner and
it worked pretty well.  I think the balun must be bad on the windom
antenna.

Anyway, I do not plan to play anymore for now with the windom antenna.The
bazooka is hard to beat as a single band dipole and maybe some other bands
with a tuner.