From:
Dave Basden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 2015 08:34:43 -0800
My very first antenna as a novice back in 1956 was an 80 meter dipole
with a 40 meter dipole hung underneath it.  The end of the 40 meter
dipole was attached to the 80 meter dipole using a short piece
of  nylon cord as I recall.  They were fed in parallel with 72-ohm
twin lead, but that was in the days of the hefty pi network.  Today
such an antenna would probably  be fed with 50-ohm coax through a 1:1
balun.  It worked on 80, 40, and 15, which were the only bands open
to novices at that time.

73,

Dave, W7OQ