From:
Pat Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Mar 2015 19:37:32 -0600
Jim,
I don't have a good answer for you.  WAY back when I was a new ham I
had a Windem antenna.  Lengths were about the same as today but it
was off center fed with 300 ohm twin lead and I had a balun coil down
in the shack.
My current Carolina Windem, and the others that I am aware of have a
balun up at the feed point and 52 ohm coax down to the shack.  Not
sure if that's why the name change or not.
Sorry I don't have anything more concrete.