From:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2015 11:40:31 -0500
Hi Ron,

I would recommend either the Baofeng BF-F9 which runs 8 watts and has an
improved receiver or the Wouxun UV8D which has finally fixed their
battery drain problems and has an excellent receiver and very good
transmit audio.  The Baofeng sells on Amazon for about $55 and the
Wouxun is just over $100.  If you get the Baofeng 8 watt model, I highly
recommend the larger 3800 millyamp battery.

Bob, K8LR, [log in to unmask]