From:
Richard B McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 2015 03:11:02 -0800
Hi!

For my Kenwood TH-F6A, I cannot get the memory control program to work.  I
am using the PG-4Y USB programming cable.  I have set menu 9 in the F6 to
"PC."  The MCP application is properly installed.  I *think* the driver is
also properly installed.  Still, I cannot get it to work.  When I try to
read or write to the F6, I get an error message something like
"communication timeout error."

One thing I am not sure about is what COM port in the MCP I should be using?
In the MCP under the "Radio" menu there's a port selection pick list with
COM1 through like COM22!  What is the right COM port?

Any tips or suggestions about this would be greatly appreciated.

73,

Richard KK6MRH