Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2015 17:48:05 -0700
7bit
Sender:
From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
I am still a broadcast band DX hound.  I started at about age 6 with a
crystal set in the shape of a little red rocket ship listening by clipping
the ground aligater clip on anything I figured was going to ground.  Got one
station, of course.  We used to stand outside in the freezing cold at the
Nebraska School for the Blind, with our radios pressed up against a light
pole behind the school building because the close proximity help increase
signal strength.  We could copy X E R F just over the Mexican border and
loved listening to Wolf man Jack.  He did a year of broadcasting here in
Denver in his later years.  I about fell off my chair when I heard him
locally one day years ago.  Anyhow, My Icom 7000 is a super broadcast band
receiver.  All the features, notch filter, DSP, crystal filters, etc.. and
the 3 levels of pre-amp settings work, too, so plugging in all those
frequencies of favorit stations makes it easy tuning, not to mention the QSY
er used to tap in the frequencies.  Changing frequency increments, point
one, point 01 and point 001 helps fine tuning and the 3 levels of Amplitude
modulation makes a big difference as well.  It is still fun to tune the
bands and now even below 500 KHz.

Phil.
K0NX